Tuesday 27 January 2009

R

My longest relationship was with R. Sadly he died three years ago at the age of 35.
We had a tempestuous relationship, constantly arguing and making up, frustrating each other and being each other’s best friend. Alot of our problems were down to my immaturity and insecurity and some were down to his mistrust.
After 3.5 years we called it a day. We met up a few times over the years and I was too proud to make more of an effort to stay in touch.
I heard the sad news outside a tube station when I bumped into a friend of his. It turned out R had been ill for a few years and had a brain tumour I think.
I couldn’t believe it and went to his parent’s house hoping that it wasn’t true.
R’s brother’s 2nd child was born soon after and they named her after R using a feminine version of his name. He was always a good uncle. Lots of fun. Very in touch with his childish side.
Still thinking about you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment